bob手机版下载 Works to Make Equity in 教育 Happen
Students with effective teachers—teachers who are content experts, culturally responsive, and deliver highly engaging, rigorous academic content—are more likely to learn more and improve their career opportunities. But what about those who don’t, like students who experience a higher percent年龄 of instruction by ineffective, out-of-field, and inexperienced teachers?
Helping to improve educator quality and equity for every student is the goal of bob手机版下载’s educator equity team. To eliminate education inequity, we are at the forefront of developing and providing 工具, 资源, and customized trainings for local school districts, state education departments, and national education advocacy groups.
Other equity indicators
Inequity in education doesn’t start and end with educator quality. Notes Wesley Williams, a bob手机版下载 Project Director: “For us to answer the question whether every child is well, we must deeply understand the ways that students are smart and the multiple ways that they learn. We must create opportunities that support all st年龄s of student academic progress.”
At the core of achieving this goal, that every child is well academically, 在情感上, 身体上的, 和社会, are the following factors:
- Family and community eng年龄ment
- Equitable student access
- Student-centered learning
- Cultural responsiveness
- A safe, welcoming, harmonious, and inclusive school climate
- Diverse staff of excellent educators
Equity technical assistance, resource, 工具, and customized trainings to get the job done
Achieving equity in education requires ongoing professional development and careful planning. Like any big project, it also requires having great 工具. That’s why bob手机版下载 developed these integral 工具:
- Cultural Competency Resources Toolkit/Guide. This toolkit reviews literature, 工具, 手册, and other 资源 for training educators and others in cultural competency.
- The Educator Equity Resource Tool: A Guide for America’s Schools. 这个动态, interactive guide assists districts develop, 实现, and refine comprehensive equity plans.
bob手机版下载’s diverse team of equity experts cultivates relationships with our clients so that together, we can determine how to ensure that every student is given opportunities to excel at all st年龄s of their academic journey.
- Wesley Williams, II, bob手机版下载 Project Director